So if you’ve just come home from the Plaster Room at your local hospital with a leg in a cast and a shiny new pair of crutches you might be wondering how you’re supposed to cope on your own. Here are a few hints:
1. Order a Hopper – by the time it turns up you’ll be glad you did!
2. Get some help to rearrange your living space so you have plenty of room to move around and all the day-to-day things you need are within easy reach.
3. Make sure your bathroom is workable for you.
4. Follow the directions the medical staff gave you elevating your leg and exercising – it’ll help you to get better quicker.
5. Get some good books, magazines and DVDs to help keep the frustration at bay.
In a few days you’ll be hopping around. Good luck!